13) Who was player-coach of the Detroit Pistons at age 24? He also pitched in 36 games for the Chicago White Sox.
Dave DeBusschere played 12 years in the NBA, was the missing link that made the Knicks a title team in 1969, 1973.
12) Which TV personality was QB at Louisiana Tech just before Terry Bradshaw?
Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson was the starting QB at Louisiana Tech for two years, but didn’t play his senior year.
11) When baseball started divisional play in 1969, which four teams made the playoffs that first season?
Mets, Braves, Orioles, Twins. For some reason, Atlanta was in the NL West.
10) Oakland A’s won three straight World Series, from 1972-74; Dick Williams managed the A’s in ’72-’73. Who was Oakland’s manager in ’74?
Alvin Dark managed the A’s in 1974-5, also in 1966-67. He won the NL title managing the San Francisco Giants in 1962.
9) In 1994, Montreal Expos had the best record in the National League when the season ended because of a labor dispute. Who was manager of the Expos back then?
Felipe Alou managed the Expos from 1992-2001.
8) Everyone knows the first Super Bowl was Packers-Chiefs, Lombardi against Hank Stram. Green Bay played Oakland in Super Bowl II; who coached the Raiders back then?
Jon Rauch went 35-10-1 in three years coaching the Raiders, winning AFL title in ’67, losing title game the next year. Then he left Oakland, went 7-20-1 in two years coaching Buffalo.
7) What team did Wayne Gretzky play his last NHL game with?
Gretzky scored nine goals, had 53 assists in 70 games for the 1998-99 Rangers.
6) Nick Saban coached two other college teams, other than LSU/Alabama; which two?
Saban went 9-2 in one year at Toledo, 34-24-1 in five years at Michigan State.
5) Who scored the first 2-point conversion in the NFL, back in 1994?
Tom Tupa was a P/QB for the Browns in ‘94; he played in college at Ohio State. He started 13 games at QB for the Cardinals, punted for 12 years in the NFL.
4) Who succeeded Jerry Tarkanian as basketball coach at UNLV?
Rollie Massimino coached two years at UNLV.
3) Which NBA team drafted Bill Russell?
St Louis Hawks drafted Russell, immediately traded him to the Celtics for Cliff Hagan, Ed Macauley.
2) Who was Michael Jordan’s first head coach in the NBA?
Kevin Loughery was 65-99 in two years coaching the Bulls; he won two ABA titles coaching the New York Nets.
1) Other than Wrigley Feld, Fenway Park, what is the oldest ballpark in the major leagues?
Dodger Stadium opened in 1962, making it the 3rd-oldest stadium in the majors.