13) From ESPN Stats/Info, and Elias Sports:
Kansas City Chiefs have gone with a pass play 61.4% of the time this season, including playoffs. The only teams with higher % prior to playing in a Super Bowl were the 2008 Cardinals (63.1%) and the 2009 Colts (62.8%). Both teams lost in the Super Bowl.
12) Ohio State freshman D.J. Carton is stepping away from the basketball program to focus on his mental health. Carton, the Buckeyes’ 3rd-leading scorer, 2nd-leading assist guy, averaging 10.4 ppg and 3.0 apg.
Ohio State lost six of its last eight games, after starting the season 11-1.
11) Nevada sportsbooks had handle of $5.3B last year, a 6.1% increase over 2018, and a hold of $329.1M, a 9.5% increase over the year before.
10) SEC commissioner Greg Sankey announced that approximately $651M of total revenue was divided among the 14 schools of the SEC for the 2018-19 fiscal year (up from $627.1M distributed in 2017-18). That’s $44.6M per school. Lot of money.
9) Maryland 82, Iowa 72— Terrapins avenge an earlier loss, have won four games in a row, are 15-4, 7-3 in Big 14 games, 5-0 at home.
8) UCLA 72, Colorado 68— Buffs lose for only third time in 12 games, slip to 5-3 in Pac-12. UCLA will be a tough out in the Pac-12 tourney and the NIT.
— Louisiana (+12) 66, Tex-Arlington 65
— Weber State (+9.5) 75, Southern Utah 65
— High Point (+9) 62, Campbell 57
— Oregon State (+8.5) 68, Stanford 63
— UCLA (+5) 72, Colorado 68
— UAB (+4.5) 76, Texas-San Antonio 68
— Tennessee State (+4.5) 72, Jacksonville State 62
6) Arizona 75, Washington 72— Huskies lost for 4th time in row, and 8th time in last ten games; losing their point guard (grades) was a disaster- they fall apart at the end of close games.
— Washington led by 9 with 12:52 left after a dunk, but kid who dunked got a technical for yapping, giving the two points back.
— Huskies made 14-28 3-pointers, shot 35.5% inside arc.
— Washington was outscored 11-3 over final 4:45 of game.
5) Little Rock 96, Coastal Carolina 79— Trojans were 39-47 on foul line, a ridiculous amount of FT’s in a college game; Coastal was 22-33. Little Rock leads Sun Belt with a 10-2 mark.
4) Florida Atlantic 69, Western Kentucky 65— Hilltoppers fall into a tie for 2nd in C-USA; their bench played total of 21:00, a bad omen when the conference tourney rolls around.
3) William & Mary 59, Northeastern 58— Tribe takes over first place in CAA, which doesn’t mean that much, since conference tourney is at a neutral site- only the tournament winner will go to the NCAA’s- W&M has never been to the NCAA tournament.
2) Illinois 59, Minnesota 51— Illini wins its seventh game in a row; they’re 8-2 in Big 14.
1) Oregon State 68, Stanford 63— Cardinal has now lost three games in a row after starting season 15-2, and the Oregon Ducks come calling next.