1) March— Conference tournament basketball, March Madness, spring training games on TV every day, plus winter is winding down. March is a good time of year.
2) November— Lot of football going on, plus college basketball starts
T3) June/July/August— Summer months are all good in upstate New York; hot weather, the horses are up in Saratoga in late July/August, baseball on the tube every night.
6) December— I spend 10 days in Las Vegas every December, wrapped around Christmas, so that ramps up this month’s ranking a lot. Walking on the Strip and seeing all the Christmas decorations is a little unique.
College basketball games, the NFL stretch run, bowl games- good stuff.
7) September— When I was a kid, this was the worst month of the year, going back to school and all, but as an adult, football season starts, the pennant races in baseball, plus the weather is mostly still summer-ish.
8) October— Slowest month for this website, which usually means a trip to the desert, never a bad thing. Football Sundays at the Westgate Theater are really good.
9) May— Really the same month as April, except one more day and the weather is usually a little bit warmer.
10) April— Baseball season starts, which is very good and winter is replaced by mostly rain, but the NBA/NHL playoffs start
11) January— 31 days of cruddy weather offsets the NFL playoffs and conference play in college basketball. There are no bad months of the year, but January is a damn cold month.
12) February— Only 28 days (usually) but the same cruddy weather, plus only one football game, though the new AAF could start making February a little better.