13) Cincinnati Bengals when Marvin Lewis was coach: 131-122-3 (2003-18)
Cincinnati Bengals without Marvin Lewis as coach: 42-147 (1991-2002, 2019)
Bengals went 0-7 in playoff games under Lewis, so the natives got restless and they fired him, which now seems like a mistake.
12) Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but Tom Brady IS NOT the best quarterback ever; he’s won the most Super Bowls, but thats not the argument:
If we were drafting football teams, with every player ever in their prime eligible, which QB would you take to start your team?
11) New England Patriots have started 23 drives in opponent territory, a big reason why they’re 9-1- their offense isn’t so great this year, but their defense/special teams are.
10) Rhode Island 70, Nicholls State 65— Colonels lost three of first four D-I games, losing in OT at Illinois, by 10 at LSU- they won at Pittsburgh.
Nicholls starts three seniors and a junior; they should be a contender in the Southland Conference this winter.
9) Virginia 61, Vermont 55— Catamounts beat St John’a LW, are pretty heavy favorite to win America East this winter.
8) Kansas 75, East Tennessee State 63—Jayhawks won despite going 1-14 on the arc, a number we’ll keep an eye on as conference play gets closer.
7) Very good commercial on the Memphis Grizzlies’ local telecast; realtor.com, with NBA star Lou Williams, who has played for six teams in his 15-year NBA career, saying how whenever he has to move (they show a couple of his old houses) he uses realtor.com
Williams has earned over $74M in salary in his career, so he can afford nice houses.
6) Radford 67, Northwestern 56— Going to be a long winter for the Wildcats; if you lose at home to Merrimack/Redford, playing in the Big 14 figures to be a big problem.
5) Houston 97, Rice 89— Owls led their crosstown rivals 39-32 at the half, but lost to Houston for 6th time in a row.
Cougars scored 65 points in the second half.
4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-8 ATS) are the worst NFL team against the pointspread so far this season.
3) Montana Tech 74, Montana 72— Griz were in the NCAA’s the last two years, but lost their first two D-I games this month, then lose here to the Orediggers, who play in the Frontier League. This was Montana’s first loss to a non-D-I team since they lost to Alaska-Anchorage in 2002- their last losing season was in 2008.
2) Boston U 78, South Carolina 70— Gamecocks were in Final Four three years ago, but are 36-33 since then, 18-18 in SEC games. SEC teams shouldn’t lose to Patriot League teams.
1) A student manager for South Carolina’s football team got fired after he was arrested for public disorderly conduct when he got into a fight with a guy on Halloween night who dressed up as South Carolina football coach Will Muschamp.