13) WCC— Last 13 years, Gonzaga won it 10 times, Saint Mary’s three times. Last team other than those two teams to win CAA tourney? San Diego, in 2008.
12) Pac-12— #1-seed won this event only three of last 12 years.
11) Conference USA— #1-seed won twice in last seven years; last eight C-USA tourneys, seven different teams won the tournament.
10) Ohio Valley— Last six years, five different teams won a tournament; Murray State won twice.
9) MAAC— Iona won last five MAAC tournaments that were completed; funny thing is, they lost two years ago, but that tournament was never finished because of COVID. Iona was #1-seed in only one of those five tournaments they won.
8) Sun Belt— #1-seed won three of last ten tournaments. Six different teams won the last eight years, with Georgia State winning three times.
7) Horizon— Last ten years, nine different teams won a Horizon tournament, which is what happens when lot of teams bolt your league. #1-seed won six of last 11 years.
6) Summit— Nine of last ten years, either South Dakota State/North Dakota State won the Summit tournament (Oral Roberts won LY). #1-seed won six of last nine tournaments.
5) MAC— Buffalo won four of last six tournaments. #1 seed won four of last 12 MAC tourneys.
4) SEC— #1-seed won five of last seven years. Kentucky is 22-6 in last 28 tourney games, but lost in first game last year.
3) Missouri Valley— #1-seed won five of last nine years; last four years, either Bradley/Loyola won Arch Madness. This is Loyola’s last year in the MVC- they go to the Atlantic 15 next year.
2) SoCon— #1-seed won this tournament the last seven years.
1) Mountain West— San Diego State/Utah State split last four tournaments; before that, four other schools won a tournament, none of which was UNLV, the host team.