13) Mike Trout has had 35 games in his career where he hit a home run and also stole a base; during his career, no other big leaguer has more than 20 such games.
12) Strange turn in baseball; umpires aren’t traveling as much as they used to, and sometimes when they do travel, they travel on team charters, which has to be a little awkward.
11) Red Sox have already used 11 different starting pitchers this season.
10) Twins 4, Brewers 3 (12)
— Kenta Maeda had a no-hitter thru 8 innings, then Twins blew his 3-0 lead.
— Brewers lost their DH in extra innings, but pitcher’s turn to bat never came up
— Milwaukee used five IF, two OF for last two batters of game.
— Jed Gyorko failed to tag up on liner to RF in top of 12th, costing Milwaukee a run.
9) I’m thinking that baseball may eventually change the rule about a starting pitcher having to finish five innings to get credit for a win, which opens a whole mew statistical can of worms that nerds like me will get a kick out of.
They should leave it up to the official scorer to award the win if a starter goes less than five IP; if it happens, it would have a pretty big impact on fantasy baseball, and a lot of money is spent on fantasy baseball.
8) NBA ref Leon Wood has been an official for 20+ years, after playing seven years in the league- he was an excellent player at Cal State-Fullerton. He also played pro ball in Italy and Spain.
7) Toronto pitcher Shun Yamaguchi wears #1; I cannot remember another major league pitcher wearing #1.
6) Reds-Royals were postponed Tuesday, will play twinbill today.
Cardinals-Cubs also play a pair today; it will be third DH in five days for St Louis.
NBA playoff games (all Game 1’s):
5) Orlando 122, Milwaukee 110
— 8-seed Magic win as a 14-point underdog.
— Vucevic scored 35 points; five others were in double figures.
— Magic used only four subs; they were a combined +32
4) Miami 113, Indiana 101
— Heat outscored Indiana 61-40 in 2nd/4th quarters.
— Tyler Herro scored 15 points off bench for Miami.
— Victor Oladipo played only 9:00, scored four points.
3) Houston 123, Oklahoma City 108
— Rockets led 68-52 at halftime.
— Houston was 20-52 behind arc, 23-37 inside arc.
— Green was +28, McLemore +27 off bench for Houston.
2) Portland 100, Lakers 93
— 8-seed Portland wins as a 6.5-point underdog.
— Lillard scored 34; Portland only used eight players.
— Laker starters other than Lebron were 15-50 from the floor.
1) If the baseball playoffs started today (they do not):
AL East- New York, Tampa Bay
AL Central- Minnesota, Cleveland
AL West- Oakland, Houston
AL Wild Cards- Baltimore, Chicago
NL East- Miami, Atlanta
NL Central- Chicago, Milwaukee
NL West- Los Angeles, Colorado
NL Wild Cards- Arizona, San Diego