College tournaments aren’t that far away; here are some trends for how teams have done in their tournaments.
13) Since 2004, Gonzaga is 37-4 in the WCC tournament; since 2010, Saint Mary’s is 17-9. BYU is 9-8 in their last 17 tourney games.
Other than those three teams, not lot of wins left in the WCC.
12) Despite playing the Big East tournament on its home floor at Madison Square Garden, since 2003, St John’s is 8-14 in Big East tournament.
Similar thing for UNLV, which hosts the Mountain West event; since 2009, Rebels are 11-13 in conference tournament games- they last won the tournament in 2009.
11) Since 2013, Iona is 24-3 in MAAC tournament games, 17-1 since 2016.
On other hand, Marist is 1-9 in last nine MAAC tourneys.
10) Since 2003, under five different coaches, VCU is 34-14 in conference tournament games.
9) Cincinnati is 10-2 in its last four conference tournaments, winning two of them.
8) Last eight conference tournaments, George Washington has gone W-L seven times.
7) 11 of the last 12 years, San Diego State has won at least two games in the Mountain West tournament; since 2009, they’re 27-9 in the conference tournament.
6) Last four years, Utah State is 10-2 in Mountain West tournament.
5) San Jose State is 0-8 in its last eight Mountain West tournaments, with last seven losses all by 13+ points.
4) From 2012-14, Louisville went 10-0 in winning three straight conference tournaments; since then, Cardinals are 2-5 in conference tournament games.
3) Last five years, Oklahoma is 0-4 in Big X tournament games.
2) Since 2015, Arizona is 11-2 in Pac-12 tournament games; since 2009, Washington State is 1-10 in tournament games.
1) Since 2015, Cal-Irvine is 13-4 in Big West tournament games; last five years, Hawaii is 0-4.