13) Quarterbacks taken in first round of 2017 NFL Draft:
pick #2— Mitch Trubisky, Bears
#10— Patrick Mahomes, Chiefs
#12— Deshaun Watson, Texans
12) Not to beat a dead horse, but Chicago traded up to get from the 3rd pick to the 2nd pick; here is what they gave San Francisco to get the #2 pick:
— #3 pick in 1st round of 2017 draft.
— 3rd and 4th round picks in 2017 draft.
— 3rd round pick in 2018 draft.
11) Chiefs 24, Chargers 17:
— Chargers outgained KC 312-109 in first half, but trailed 10-9 at halftime.
— Chargers scored only 13 points on four red zone trips.
— Rivers threw seven INT’s in last two games; maybe it wasn’t Ken Whisenhunt’s fault.
10) In their last four games, New England has won field position by 13-11-15-14 yards; because they win the turnover battle and have better special teams, they play on a shorter field than their opponents do.
In their last six games, Patriots outscored opponents 69-26 in the 2nd half, giving up 20 of those 26 points in their 37-20 loss at Baltimore.
9) Kentucky 82, Utah Valley 74— Wildcats are struggling with their defense early on. Luckily in this game, they outscored Utah Valley 31-11 on foul line- they made only 1-12 on the arc.
8) SMU 59, Evansville 57— Last week the Purple Aces beat Kentucky as a 25-point underdog; they lost this game at home to SMU.
7) Dallas 117, San Antonio 110— Spurs are 5-9; they lost their last six games, and 8 of last 9.
6) Houston 132, Portland 108— Rockets won/covered their last eight games.
5) Clippers 90, Thunder 88— Kawhi Leonard missed his 3rd straight game, his fifth game this season; he played in 69 of 182 games the last two seasons, but led Toronto to an NBA title LY.
Clippers owe Leonard $103,147,300 over the next three seasons.
Paul George scored 18 points in 29:00 against his old team.
4) The Disney+ app had over 10 million signups in its first week; I’m not big on animated movies, so doubtful I’ll get it, but they’re making a lot of money with it.
3) A Maryland high school teacher is facing assault charges following a fight with a 17-year-old student that was caught on camera; both combatants are females.
2) When Cleveland Cavaliers played the Knicks last nite, they were the last team NBA this year to play on consecutive nights; Nashville Predators are only NHL team that hasn’t played games on back/back nights yet this season.
1) In case you were wondering, the last NFL team that didn’t punt in consecutive games were the 2004 Steelers, who did it in Weeks 15-16 that year, in wins the Giants/Ravens. ’04 Steelers went 15-1, but lost the AFC title game.