13) Two baseball games were postponed Monday due to Coronavirus concerns; the Tuesday Orioles-Marlins game has also been postponed.
11 Marlin players tested positive for the virus over the weekend.
12) Speaking of the Marlins, they’ve won two World Series, but have never won a division title. They’ve also never had a player hit for the cycle.
11) This is the first time since 1954 that no major league team started 3-0; it is also the first time since 1961 that no team started out 0-3.
10) San Diego 6, Arizona 2— Padres’ bullpen tossed 5.1 shutout innings, Fernando Tatis knocked in three runs, as San Diego improves to 3-1.
9) Oakland 3, Angels 0— Chris Bassitt threw four shutout innings; A’s are 3-1 despite not having a starting pitcher go five innings yet. Burch Smith got his 2nd win of the year in relief.
8) Toronto 4, Washington 1— Teoscar Hernandez hit two homers as the Blue Jays evened their record at 2-2. Nationals had 11 hits, but were only 2-10 with RISP.
7) Tampa Bay 14, Atlanta 5— Hunter Renfroe knocked in four runs for the Rays; after the game, Braves DFA’d starting P Mike Foltynewicz. Tyler Glasnow struck out nine guys in four IP.
6) Kansas City 14, Detroit 5- Whit Merrifield had three hits, scored three runs, knocked in three more. Starting pitchers combined to give up nine runs in 4.2 IP.
5) Houston 8, Seattle 5- Altuve homered, doubled for 3-1 Astros; Alex Bregman knocked in three runs. Evan White hit his first big league home run for Seattle.
4) Mets 7, Boston 4- Alonso hit his first homer to back five strong innings on the mound by Michael Wacha. Red Sox lost their third game in a row, giving up 7-7-7 runs.
3) Cubs 8, Cincinnati 7- Chicago scored six runs in first two innings, then hung on for dear life. Reds had bases loaded, one out in 9th inning, down 8-7, but Joey Votto hit a line drive right at the centerfielder to end the game. Game was delayed 1:47 at the start by rain.
2) Milwaukee 6, Pittsburgh 5 (11)- Milwaukee tied game with four runs in 9th inning; this became the first-ever 11-inning game under the new rule. Horrific loss for the Pirates.
1) There was only one KBO game Monday and it ended in a 5-5 tie; Monday is usually an off day in the KBO, but they use Mondays to make up rainouts later in the season.