13) Minnesota 75, Indiana 74— If Hoosiers miss NCAA’s, will Tom Crean get the boot and if he does, will Indiana go after native son Steve Alford?
12) Seton Hall 87, Creighton 81— Bluejays are 3-4 in their last seven games; Villanova now has a 3-game lead in the Big East.
11) SMU 80, Tulane 75— 24-point underdog Green Wave were up 15 at the half.
10) Duke 65, Virginia 55— Cavaliers shot 5-20 on arc, have now lost four of their last six games.
9) Arkansas 83, South Carolina 76— Erratic Razorbacks were a 9.5-point underdog.
8) Iowa State 87, Kansas State 79— Cyclones never trailed in impressive road win.
7) Northern Iowa 64, Bradley 61— Surging Panthers won nine of last 10 games which followed a 7-game losing streak.
6) Oklahoma State 71, TCU 68— Cowboys won seven of their last eight games after starting Big X play 0-6.
5) North Carolina 97, NC State 73— Wolfpack Nation, never a patient lot, is getting a lot more restless. State lost to UNC twice this season, by total of 75 points.
4) Fordham 53, Rhode Island 43— Ugly loss for the home side; URI is headed to the NIT. They were supposed to make the NCAA’s.
3) San Diego State 66, Utah State 62— Aztecs are grinding out wins without much offense; they are back over .500 (7-6) in the Mountain West.
2) Butler 110, St John’s 86— Bulldogs were 13-26 on arc, 29-40 on the foul line. Not too often a college team scores 110 points in 40:00, especially in a conference game.
1— Non-basketball item; Marlins’ owner Jeffrey Loria is being considered as the United States’ ambassador to France. Good God, the French hate us enough already!!!!