13) Dodgers 7, Twins 0:
— Kershaw threw 7 perfect IP, striking out 13, but was pulled after 80 pitches.
— Gary Sanchez had Minnesota’s only hit, in 8th inning.
— Dodgers will be glad to get home; it was 38 degrees for this game.
Dodgers skipper Dave Roberts is the only manager ever to pull a starting pitcher who threw seven perfect innings. He has done it TWICE now; Wednesday in Minnesota and with Rich Hill six years ago.
12) As a pitcher, Shohei Ohtani is 5-4, 5.40 in 16 road starts; he is 8-2, 2.18 in 20 home starts.
11) Toronto 6, New York 4:
— Guerrero was 4-4, hit three home runs.
— Gerrit Cole’s first two starts: 6 runs in 9.2 IP, two no-decisions.
10) Guardians 7, Reds 3:
— Cleveland won its last four games, scoring 44 runs.
— Last four games, Jose Ramirez is 10-17, with 23 total bases,
9) Mets 9, Phillies 6:
— Pete Alonso went 3-5, with two doubles, a homer, 5 RBI
— Two bullpens combined to give up 11 runs in 9.2 IP.
8) Diamondbacks 3, Astros 2 (10):
— Arizona is batting .130 as a team, scoring 13 runs in six games. Somehow, they’ve won two games (2-4).
— Teams combined to go 2-22 with runners in scoring position.
7) A’s 4, Rays 2:
— I complained (and still complain) about the A’s tanking this season, but they’re 3-3 on this road trip, showing a lot of spunk against two good teams.
— Murphy’s 3-run homer was the big hit in this game.
6) Hawks 132, Hornets 103:
— Atlanta shot 50% (16-32) on the arc; they scored 72 points in 2nd half.
— Atlanta plays Cleveland for the last playoff spot in the East.
5) Pelicans 113, Spurs 103:
— New Orleans shot 59% inside the arc.
— Pelicans play the Clippers for the last playoff slot in the West.
4) Las Vegas Raiders signed QB Derek Carr to a 3-year contract extension worth $121.5M; Carr has a 57-71 W-L record in eight years with the Raiders, 18-16 the last two years. Las Vegas hired Josh McDaniels as its new head coach; can he help Carr become a championship QB?
3) One of the TV analysts for USFL games this spring is former Cowboys’ coach Jason Garrett; will be interesting to hear what he has to say, especially where the quarterbacks are concerned.
2) North Carolina basketball star Armando Bacot is coming back to Chapel Hill for his senior year, with UNC losing only one player from this year’s national runner-ups (Manek), Tar Heels are a top 5 team nationally next fall if everyone else stays on the squad.
1) Baseball is going to look a whole lot different next year, when shifts are banned; Having two infielders on each side of second base, having all four infielders on the infield dirt, going to be a lot more spray hitters getting hits next season, and that is a good thing.