13) I’m thinking NBA refs must be loving these games in the bubble; not many people are there to yell at them, no rich people in the first row spilling their drinks on the floor, and if someone does yell at them, TV mikes pick up everything, so chances are the criticism is toned down.
12) These 7-inning games in doubleheaders take some getting used to; after watching 9-inning major league games for the last 55 years, a game is tied in the 5th inning, and I’m slow to realize that the game is in the late innings already.
11) In 2018-19, of the 277 hits that came on 3-0 counts, 86 of them were home runs. This season, 12 of the first 14 hits that came on 3-0 counts were homers.
10) Orioles’ catcher Chance Sisco batted leadoff the last couple of days for Baltimore; he is the first Orioles’ catcher to bat leadoff since June 26, 1985, when Floyd Rayford batted leadoff for the O’s.
9) This is the first time since 2003 that both #8-seeds upset both #1-seeds in the first game of the NBA playoffs.
8) Former Cubs’ SS Addison Russell is hitting .314 in his first 17 games for the Kiwoom Heroes in the KBO; Russell played in 82 games for the Cubs last year- he hit .242 in five big league seasons.
7) Things I learned watching TV: Rams’ QB Jared Goff throws a football right-handed, but plays golf left-handed.
6) Miami Marlins have two pitchers named Josh Smith; one is righty, one is lefty. They came in one after the other in their loss to the Mets Wednesday.
NBA playoff games (all Game 2’s):
5) Raptors 104, Nets 99 (Toronto leads series 2-0)
— Brooklyn led this game most of the way, was up 6 after three quarters.
— Three Nets’ subs who played were a combined minus-43.
— Norman Powell scored 24 off the bench for Toronto.
4) Utah 124, Denver 105 (series 1-1)
— Jazz made 20-44 shots behind the arc.
— Gobert/Mitchell were a combined 17-24 from the floor; Mitchell made six of his seven 3’s.
— Denver made 13-27 on the arc, after making 22-41 in Game 1; Jazz forced them off the arc more.
3) Celtics 128, 76ers 101 (Boston leads series 2-0)
— Boston outscored Sixers 71-42 in quarters 2-3.
— Tatum scored 33 for the Celtics, making 8-12 3’s.
2) Mavericks 127, Clippers 114 (series 1-1)
— Seth Curry was +30 in 26:00 off the Dallas bench.
— Doncic has 28 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists.
— Paul George was only 4-17 from the floor for LA.
1) If the baseball playoffs started today (they do not):
AL East- New York, Tampa Bay
AL Central- Minnesota, Cleveland
AL West- Oakland, Houston
AL Wild Cards- Baltimore, Chicago
NL East- Miami, Atlanta
NL Central- Chicago, Milwaukee
NL West- Los Angeles, Colorado
NL Wild Cards- San Diego, Arizona