13) All three quarterbacks on the Denver Broncos’ roster are ineligible to play Sunday against the Saints after being deemed high-risk, close contacts in COVID-19 tracing.
Denver has a WR Kendall Hinton who played some QB at Wake Forest; he completed 53% of his passes for 1,504 yards passing, eight touchdowns, and seven interceptions. He would seem like a logical candidate to take over, or they could run a Wildcat-type offense with their RB’s.
Game has been taken off the board in several sportsbooks, but Circa Sports reposted with the Saints a 13-point favorite.
12) Oklahoma State 50, Texas Tech 44- Strangest ballgame I’ve seen in quite a while:
— Tech scored a TD with 7:15 left in 3rd quarter to go up 24-21
— Tech tried a surprise onside kick; Oklahoma State ran it back for a TD.
— On next series, Tech threw a pick-6, and now trailed 34-24.
— Series after that, Tech drove 75 yards for a TD. 34-31.
— Four TD’s in 4:43, with OSU’s offense never taking the field during that time.
Oklahoma State was -12; with about 1:30 left, Cowboys had a third down play in Tech territory, and their RB breaks into the clear for an easy TD, but he slides down on the 8-yard line, since Tech was out of time-outs. If you took the 12 points, good for you; if you gave 12, not so much.
11) Buffalo 70, Kent State 41:
— Buffalo RB Jaret Patterson ran ball 36 times for 409 yards, 8 TD’s. He ran for 301 yards and four TD’s last week.
10) Detroit Lions fired their coach and their GM Saturday; Lions were 13-29-1 under Matt Patricia, after the last coach went 36-28 and got fired. Very curious to see where they go next.
9) For at least the next three weeks, the San Francisco 49ers are a team without a home; Santa Clara County issued stricter COVID-19 guidelines this weekend, effectively putting a three-week ban on any contact sports taking place in the county.
During the next three weeks, 49ers have home games with Buffalo/Washington. They can’t even practice in Santa Clara County, so they’ll be pulling up stakes and moving elsewhere for at least a month or so.
8) Indiana 27, Maryland 11— Hoosiers’ QB Michael Penix Jr left with a leg injury after suffering thru a bad day- 6-for-19 for 84 yards passing. Indiana is a surprising 5-1.
7) College football upsets this week:
— Oregon State (+14) 41, Oregon 38
— Michigan State (+13.5) 29, Northwestern 20
— East Carolina (+12.5) 52, SMU 38
— Rutgers (+12) 37, Purdue 30
— Ball State (+10) 27, Toledo 24
— South Alabama (+7) 38, Arkansas State 31
— Utah State (+6) 42, New Mexico 27
6) Baylor 32, Kansas State 31
— Bears scored 10 points in final 4:32 to pull out win, kicking GW 30-yard FG at gun.
— K-State led 17-6 at halftime; loss drops them to 4-5.
5) East Carolina 52, SMU 38:
— Imagine laying 12 points with SMU and being down 45-7 at halftime?
— East Carolina racked up 493 yards, improved its record to 3-6.
4) Coastal Carolina-Louisiana will play in the Sun Belt title game Dec 19; Chanticleers routed Texas State 49-14, while the Ragin’ Cajuns waxed UL-Monroe 70-20.
3) Virginia Tech 81, Villanova 73 OT
— Really good game; Tech made 10-20 3’s to pull the upset.
— Villanova played all five starters 37:00+; only six guys played more than 4:00.
2) Saint Louis 85, LSU 81— This will be a significant score on Selection Sunday; Billikens have all five starters back from last year, are one of the best teams in the Atlantic 14.
1) It says on the Interweb that this coming Tuesday morning at 10:30am, Western Kentucky will play Charlotte in a football game, to be telecast on CBS Sports Network. 10:30am; why?