13) 49ers 20, @ Arizona 12:
— Chicago now holds its own playoff fate in its hands.
— Wilson ran for 183 yards for the 49ers, who averaged 7.6 yards/rush.
— Kittle caught four passes for 92 yards in his return from injury.
— Just third win in last dozen series games for San Francisco.
— Cardinals were 5-2 before their bye, are 3-5 since the bye.
— Arizona converted 4-16 third down plays, 4-6 fourth down plays.
— Redbirds are 7-13 ATS in last 20 games as home favorites, 2-4 TY.
— Arizona trailed at halftime in 10 of its 15 games.
12) Buccaneers 47, Lions 7
— Detroit didn’t have most of its coaches; this was an embarrassment to the NFL, a totally non-competitive game.
— Plus, Detroit QB Stafford (ankle) went out in first quarter.
— Tampa Bay is in playoffs for first time since 2007.
— Detroit is 1-6-1 ATS in its last eight games.
11) Dolphins 26, Las Vegas 25:
— Fitzpatrick came off bench, was 9-13/182 passing to save their butts.
— There were five scores (22 points) in last 4:13 of this game.
— Dolphins won nine of their last 11 games.
— Dolphins covered nine of their last ten games.
— Raiders kicked FG with 0:19 left to take 25-23 lead.
— Las Vegas lost five of their last six games overall.
— Raiders lost six of their last eight home games this year.
— Over is 12-3 in Raider games this season.
10) All three of the Cleveland Browns’ top WR’s — Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, Donovan Peoples-Jones — are out of Sunday’s game with the Jets, due to contact tracing.
9) Louisville 62, Kentucky 59:
— Kentucky lost its last six games for first time since 1911.
— Wildcats were held to 64 or fewer points in six consecutive games, for first time since 1946.
8) Last week, John Calipari asked freshman Cam’Ron Fletcher to “take some time away from the team” after Fletcher pouted about his lack of playing time during a loss to North Carolina.
This is what is called a euphemism, which is defined as: “amild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing.”
Truth is, they suspended the kid, but didn’t want to announce that.
7) Northwestern 71, Ohio State 70:
— Wildcats are 3-0 in the Big 14 for first time since 1968.
— Northwestern already has three top 40 wins.
6) Was looking thru some old stuff the other day: after the 1981 college football season, there were only 15 bowl games- the last ones were on January 1st. Times have changed.
5) Liberty 37, Coastal Carolina 34 OT:
— Coastal Carolina, Liberty have only been I-A programs for a combined seven years; they met here as ranked teams with a combined 20-1 record. Things change fast these days.
— Liberty led 31-19 in 4th quarter; Coastal tied it with 3:01 left.
4) Sunday is December 27, and the favorite in the MAAC, the Siena Saints, haven’t played a game yet. They’re supposed to play Monmouth January 3-4; we’ll see how that goes.
Lets look at how some teams are doing as far as team over/unders; these stats are prior to the games played Friday/Saturday:
3) Buffalo/Arizona went over their team total in 10 of their first 14 games this season; Cardinals weren’t so lucky Saturday, so now they’re 10-5 to the over.
2) Texans, Patriots, Giants, Eagles have been held under their total in nine of 14 games.
1) Steelers were 7-1-1 to the over in their first nine games, but stayed under their total in their last five, losing the last three.
Likewise, Seattle went over in seven of first eight games, but was held under their total in five of their last six games.