13) Last seven times the Dallas Cowboys played on Monday Night Football, they lost the following week; four of those games were at home. Cowboys-Rams is an interesting game Sunday afternoon.
12) Underdogs covered five of last six Colorado-UCLA games; Buffs’ win LY was their first in last six games against the Bruins, who allowed 106 points in losing the last two weeks.
11) Giants are 0-3; they visit Tampa Bay, where Bucs’ offense is struggling big time. Loser of this game will be looking for the panic button.
10) Navy beat Tulsa the last two years, 42-40/44-21; Middies covered six of their last seven games as a road favorite. Tulsa is 2-8 in its last 10 games as a home underdog.
9) Another 9:30am game from England; but Saints-Dolphins might be worth getting out of bed to watch. Miami’s travel schedule this season has been ridiculous; their first home game of the season will be next Sunday, October 8th.
8) Ole Miss covered nine of its last 12 games with Alabama, winning two of last three SU. Wager against the Crimson Tide at your own risk.
7) Ravens looked terrible in London last week, now they play their rivals from Pittsburgh without benefit of a bye week after the trip over the pond. Baltimore has done well against the Steelers recently; this will be interesting, with both teams coming off a loss.
6) Road team won last seven Buffalo-Kent State games SU; Bulls won their last five visits here. Kent State is 0-3 vs I-A teams this year, outscored 119-6.
5) Jacoby Brissett is starting his 4th NFL game (for 2 teams), but Sunday night in Seattle will be his first NFL road start. Tough environment to play in, against a very good defense.
4) Underdogs covered last five Georgia-Tennessee games, with average total in last five, 72.2. Vols beat Georgia the last two years, after trailing both games by 17 points.
3) Winner of Jets-Jaguars will be an “early season surprise”. Jacksonville crushed the Ravens last week; how come teams don’t take the bye week after London games anymore?
2) Middle Tennessee won its last nine games with Florida Atlantic; they beat the Owls 77-56 LY, gaining 757 yards, 495 on the ground. I’m guessing FAU has this game circled on the calendar.
1) 0-3 Bengals visit Cleveland; Marvin Lewis needs a win here. Cincinnati played well last week at Lambeau Field, but they need a win, not a moral victory, and they need a win this week.