13) Northern Illinois won its last six games with Ball State, winning last three visits to Muncie by 7-14-12 points; under Carey, Huskies are 13-6 as road favorites. Ball State is 2-6 in its last eight games as home underdogs.
12) Road team won last four Old Dominion-Florida Atlantic games; Monarchs won 42-24/31-28 in last two visits to FAU. Monarchs are 4-9 in last 15 games as road underdogs- their last three games went over. FAU is 0-4 vs spread this year, but is 6-2 in last eight games as home faves.
11) Michigan won its last three games with Maryland by combined score of 122-13; Terrapins are 15-11 in last 26 games as road underdogs. Under Harbaugh, Wolverines are 11-11 as home favorites, 14-14 as double digit favorites.
10) Cincinnati won its last two games with Tulane, 17-16/38-14; both of those games were in New Orleans. Bearcats are 1-6 vs spread in last seven games as home favorites- their last three games stayed under. Under Fritz, Green Wave is 4-6 as road underdogs.
9) Western Michigan won its last four games with Eastern Michigan, taking last two here, 45-31/51-7. Eagles are 12-2 in last 14 games as road underdogs- they’re 0-6 SU in last six OT games. Average total in Western’s I-A games: 69.3.
8) Central Michigan won last two games with Buffalo, 51-14/20-14; Chippewas are 4-3 as home underdogs under Bonamego. Under Leopold, Buffalo is 11-9-1 coming off a loss; their last four games went over. Bulls are 2-3 in last five games as road favorites.
7) Akron won four of last five games with Miami, winning last two here, 35-13/29-19. Zips are 8-14-2 vs spread in last 24 home games. Under Martin, Miami is 13-8 as road underdogs; they were outgained 562-349 in a 40-39 loss to Western Michigan last week.
6) Road team won both Illinois-Rutgers Big 14 meetings; Illini won 24-7 in last visit here. Since ’14, Illinois is 2-0 as road favorite; under Smith, they’re 5-5 vs spread on road, but in their last two games, Illini allowed total of 1,217 yards. Rutgers gave up 149 points in its last three games.
5) Boise State won its last two games with San Diego State, 38-29/31-14; Broncos are just 3-14 vs spread in last 17 games as home favorites- they’re 15-20 in last 35 games when laying 10+ points. Under Rocky Long, Aztecs are 9-8 vs spread as road underdogs.
4) Under MacIntyre, Colorado is 13-5 as home favorites; they’re 6-3 last nine times they laid less than 10 points. Arizona State won five of its last six games with Colorado; they’re 3-1-1 in last five games as road dogs, but 7-17-1 in last 25 games as single digit underdogs.
3) UCLA is 0-4 this season, with last three losses by 22+ points each; since ’14, Bruins are 0-5 as home underdogs. Under Petersen, Washington is 9-6 as road favorites; there I-A road wins this season are by 14-7 points. UCLA allowed 460 yds/game in its last three games.
2) Arizona won its last two games with Cal Bears, 49-45/45-44; Wildcats are 0-2 at home vs I-A teams, losing by 5-4 points. Since ’12, Arizona is 9-7 as home underdogs. California is 2-6-1 in its last nine games as road favorites; they lost last two visits here by total of five points.
1) UNLV has QB injury issues; Rogers has boot on left foot. Backup Gilliam is 0-1 passing; played in JC LY after red-shirting at Cal in ’16. UNLV is 4-7 in its last 11 games as home faves. New Mexico lost 52-43 at home to Liberty LW; they’re 15-10 in last 25 games as road underdogs.