13) Ohio State 49, Clemson 28
— Buckeyes racked up 639 yards, led 35-14 at halftime.
— Fields threw for 385 yards, six touchdowns.
— Buckeyes will play Alabama for the national title.
12) Alabama 31, Notre Dame 14:
— Game was 14-0 after 11:00, wasn’t very interesting.
— Harris ran for 125 yards, Smith caught seven balls for 135 yards.
— Alabama averaged 9.9 yards/pass attempt.
11) Georgia 24, Cincinnati 21:
— Horrendous, awful time management by Cincinnati in last 2:00, when they were supposed to be trying to run out the clock.
— Dawgs kicked GW 53-yard FG with 0:03 left, then got a safety on last play.
— Georgia threw for 404 yards, outgained Cincy 449-305.
10) Northwestern 35, Auburn 19:
— Wildcats ran for 166 yards, outgained Auburn 457-361.
— Northwestern converted 7-17 on third down, Auburn 2-13.
— Auburn has now lost four of its last five bowl games.
9) Dallas 93, Miami 83— Luka Doncic had 27 points, 15 rebounds, as Mavericks won for only second time in five games.
8) Atlanta 114, Brooklyn 96— 4-1 Hawks appear to be a much improved team; they haven’t made the playoffs since 2017, went 73-158 the last three years.
7) Washington 130, Minnesota 109— Wizards win for first time in six tries; Russell Westbrook didn’t play. Go figure.
6) Western Kentucky 67, Charlotte 63— Hilltoppers were down 8 at halftime, they rallied and won for sixth consecutive time. Only two Hilltoppers shot a foul shot in this game, which is very unusual.
5) Cleveland State 65, IUPUI 62— Vikings are 5-0 in Horizon; previous five years, Cleveland State went 27-53 in conference games.
4) Marist 63, Niagara 61— Red Foxes are 6-1; their last winning season was 2008, when they went 18-14 under Matt Brady.
3) Mike Krzyzewski won’t coach Duke in their game at Florida State Saturday, due to contact tracing. Jon Scheyer will be the acting head coach. Krzyzewski will be 74 next month; he can’t be messing around with COVID.
Update: Duke-Florida State game was postponed.
2) New Mexico’s basketball team is playing “home” games at Lubbock Christian University in Texas this season; Lobos have a very young team (#246 experience, #300 continuity), not having their own gym to practice in isn’t an ideal situation.
New Mexico scored 53 ppg in losing its first three Mountain West games.
1) Long time ago, 1955, there was a Caribbean baseball team called the Santurce Cangrejeros who had a pretty good outfield— Willie Mays, Roberto Clemente and a guy named Bob Thurman, who played four years with the Cincinnati Reds. I’m guessing not a lot of teams in the Caribbean League had two Hall of Famers.