13) Louisville 42, Central Florida 35:
— Louisville ran pick-6 in for winning score with 0:13 left.
— UCF had picked off a Louisville pass on the previous play.
12) Maryland 20, Illinois 17:
— Maryland scored 10 points in last 2:13 to pull out the win.
— Taulia Tagovailoa (Tua’s brother) was 32-43/350 passing for Terps.
— Illinois completed 10-26 passes; not good.
11) Illinois coach Bret Bielema went 68-24 in seven years as head coach at Wisconsin, then jumped to Arkansas for bigger money- he went 11-29 in five years of SEC games there, got canned and is off to a 1-3 start at Illinois.
His athletic director at Wisconsin was the old football coach; maybe that was a better situation than he realized.
10) Reds 3, Dodgers 1:
— Luis Castillo fanned 10 Dodgers in 6.1 IP.
— Reds stayed within a game of 2nd Wild Card slot.
— Jesse Winker was back in lineup; Reds were 12-16 while he was on IL.
9) Cardinals 8, Padres 2:
— Dylan Carlson homered twice, knocked in five runs.
— San Diego is now 1.5 games out of the second Wild Card slot.
8) Giants 6, Braves 5 (11):
— Giants ran out of position players, had to use P Gausman as a pinch-hitter; his sac fly drove in the winning run in the 11th inning.
— Braves took 5-4 lead in 9th inning on d’Arnaud’s 3-run homer; Giants tied it in bottom of 9th.
7) Phillies 4, Mets 3:
— Philly is now only two games out for first place in NL East.
6) Twins 7, Blue Jays 3:
— Hyun Jin Ryu gave up five runs in 2+ IP.
— Toronto slipped out of top two Wild Card slots in AL.
5) Red Sox 7, Orioles 1:
— Sale came off IL, allowed two baserunners in five IP.
— Hunter Renfroe knocked in three runs for Boston.
4) Mariners 6, Royals 2:
— Rookie Jarred Kelenic homered twice for Seattle.
— Chris Flexen, who pitched in Korea LY, is 12-6, 3.66 for Seattle this year.
3) New Orleans Saints will be without seven offensive coaches in Carolina Sunday due to COVID protocols. Saints are expected to practice at TCU all next week, then return to New Orleans the following week, when they’ll host the Giants in Week 4.
2) Austin Peay is bolting the Ohio Valley Conference for the Atlantic Sun; Governors have been in the OVC since 1962.
1) If the baseball playoffs started today (they do not):
NL: Braves, Brewers, Giants. Wild Card: St Louis @ Los Angeles
AL: Rays, White Sox, Astros. Wild Card: New York @ Boston