13) Ohio State doesn’t have a quarterback who has thrown a college pass; last time they were in this situation?
12) Purdue coach Jeff Brohm is 14-5 ATS as an underdog with Boilermakers.
11) Louisiana Tech HC Skip Holtz is 36-20 ATS as a road underdog.
10) Bowling Green is 3-14 SU in two years under Scott Loeffler; during that time, they’re 2-13 ATS as an underdog, 0-9 as a road underdog.
9) Florida Atlantic coach Willie Taggart is 35-21 ATS on road, 24-14 as a road underdog.
8) 27-year old Zac Alley is the defensive coordinator at Louisiana-Monroe, working for Terry Bowden; he spent the last two years as the special teams coach at Boise State. Before that, he was a graduate assistant at Clemson.
7) Since 2014, Minnesota is 20-10 ATS coming off a loss.
6) Under coach Fitzpatrick, Northwestern is 31-42-2 ATS as a home favorite; since 2014, they’re 18-5 ATS as a road underdog.
5) Since Jimbo Fisher has been coach, Texas A&M is 15-6 ATS as a favorite.
4) Under Ed Orgeron, LSU is 14-8 ATS on the road.
3) Luke McCaffery is the new QB at Rice; he spent spring practice at Louisville this year, after mostly sitting the last two years at Nebraska, where he threw two passes.
2) Jerry Jones’ grandson John Stephen Jones is a backup QB at Arkansas.
1) Michigan lost its last four bowl games; they were favored in three of them.