13) Dodgers 6, Rays 2 (LA leads World Series 2-1)
— Turner homered in the first inning.
— Buehler struck out 10 Rays in six IP.
— Tampa Bay had only four hits in the game.
12) NBA came out with a surprising proposal to start the 2020-21 season a few days before Christmas, play a 72-game regular season with only a 10-week offseason. Players have to sign off on these changes, but if the league shows it is financially beneficial, why wouldn’t they?
11) NBA Draft will be a virtual draft on November 18; hopefully, they’ll show coaches/GM’s in their homes, the way the NFL did.
10) Tulsa 42, South Florida 13:
— Tulsa ran ball for 227 yards, threw for 235; they also had a defensive score.
— USF is 0-5 vs I-A teams, with four losses by 20+ points.
— Tulsa covered its first three games (2-1 SU); they haven’t played at home yet.
9) Louisiana 24, UAB 20
— UAB kicked a FG with 0:34 left in the half to go up 13-3; Louisiana ran the kickoff back 100 yards for a TD.
— UAB led 20-10 with 1:00 to go in third quarter, but was held scoreless rest of the way.
— Louisiana drove 86 yards for the winning TD with 6:35 left.
8) Wisconsin 45, Illinois 7:
— Badgers scored two TD’s in last 1:06 of first half to break game open.
— Illinois’ only TD was a defensive score in second quarter.
— Wisconsin outgained the Illini 430-218.
7) WR Antonio Brown signed with Tampa Bay; he is likely to play for the Bucs in two weeks, when Tampa Bay hosts the Saints.
6) Big West Conference announced their conference basketball schedule; they’re doing something different, not playing home/home series, but having teams visit an opponent and play on consecutive nights, with half the series at home, half on the road, to reduce travel.
For instance, Cal Poly is at Cal-Irvine Jan 22-23; Northridge visits Cal Poly Jan 29-30.
5) When Daniel Jones had his 80-yard run Thursday night, I wondered who had the longest run by a quarterback; over the last 25 years, Terrelle Pryor appears to have the longest run by a QB— he had a 93-yard TD run for the Raiders in 2013.
4) Who are the best teams in the red zone, so far this season?
Seattle 6.17 points/possession, Arizona 6.15 ppp, Tampa Bay 5.95 ppp
3) Who are the worst teams in the red zone, so far this season?
Giants 3.19 ppp, Jets 3.23, Denver 4.07
2) What NFL teams have had the most TD plays of 20+ yards?
7— Atlanta (17 TD’s overall), Seattle (23 TD’s)
6— Arizona, Dallas, Houston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh
1) What NFL teams have had the fewest TD plays of 20+ yards?
0— Colts (12 TD’s, longest TD play, 17 yards)
0— Patriots (11 TD’s, longest TD play, 11 yards)
1— Denver/Jacksonville both have one TD play of 20+ yards, on 15 TD’s.