13) Oregon 31, USC 24:
— Ducks were outgained 358-243, but picked off three USC passes.
— Oregon wins Pac-12 title for second year in a row.
— Trojans are 5-1; they trailed four of the six games at halftime.
— Pac-12 North is now 9-1 in this game against the Pac-12 South.
12) UAB 22, Marshall 13:
— Blazers outgained Marshall 468-268.
— Tea Shropshire caught five passes for 180 yards for UAB.
— UAB didn’t field a football team in 2015-16; coach Bill Clark has done a great job.
11) Ball State 38, Buffalo 28
— David Letterman’s alma mater wins MAC title, as a 12-point dog.
— Cardinals held Buffalo’s star RB Patterson to 47 yards on 18 carries.
— Ball State led 35-21 at halftime.
10) NFL stuff:
— Drew Brees will start for the Saints against Kansas City Sunday.
— Redskins’ QB Alex Smith is out Sunday; Dwayne Haskins gets the start.
— Status of Giants QB Jones, Detroit QB Stafford are still unclear.
9) BYU 72, San Diego State 62:
— BYU blew a 17-point lead, then pulled away at the end to post the upset.
— Cougars shot 57.1% inside arc; Aztecs 37.5%.
— BYU was +14 on boards (40-26).
8) West Virginia 70, Iowa State 65:
— WVU was 25-37 on foul line; Cyclones were 6-9.
— Iowa State still led by 3, with 4:39 left.
— Cyclones turned ball over 21 times (-7)
7) Richmond 75, Loyola Chi 73:
— Spiders have played schedule 48 so far; in three of last four years, their non-conference schedule was outside top 200- they know they have a strong, veteran team.
— That said, Spiders led by 20 early in second half; Loyola’s rally fell just short.
— Ramblers start four seniors, could be a force in the MVC.
6) Couple of nights ago, Steve Lavin was talking about the transfer epidemic in college basketball; he said last spring there were 630 kids in the transfer portal. There are 357 Division I basketball teams, so there were 1.76 transfers for each team in the country. Lot of transfers.
5) Speaking of transfers, we mentioned yesterday how Temple’s QB transferred to Michigan State, which means that today, Michigan State’s QB Rocky Lombardi entered the transfer portal.
4) Ohio State was favored by 20 points over Northwestern in Saturday’s Big 14 title game; line dropped quickly to 18.5 late Friday afternoon. Someone with $$$ likes the Wildcats.
3) San Francisco 49ers play in Dallas Sunday, play their regularly scheduled game in Arizona in Week 16, then will stay in Arizona to finish the season in Week 17. All in all, 49ers will have had their last three home games moved to the desert, because of COVID.
2) Aloha Stadium, which has been home of the University of Hawaii football team since 1975, won’t be their home any longer. On Thursday, Aloha Stadium announced that it is ceasing operations indefinitely for fan-attended events- the stadium is facing condemnation and has been labeled as unsafe to hold any crowds.
1) Tua Tagovailoa plays against New England Sunday; here is how lefty QB’s have fared against Bill Belichick:
— Scott Mitchell 0-1
— Tyler Palko 0-1
— Chris Simms 0-1
— Tim Tebow 0-1