13) Clippers 131, Jazz 119:
— Utah led 72-50 at halftime.
— LA outscored Jazz 81-47 in second half.
— Clippers are in NBA’s Final Four for first time ever.
12) 76ers 104, Hawks 99:
— Game 7 is Sunday in Philadelphia.
— Seth Curry, who has a famous brother, scored 24 for the 76ers.
— Atlanta was 13-24 on foul line, lost by five points.
11) Pirates 11, Indians 10— Pittsburgh is just second team in last 100 years to end a losing streak of 10+ games, by winning a game in which they allowed 10+ runs.
’82 Cubs were the other team, if you were wondering.
10) There have been 15 unassisted triple plays in MLB history, last of which was in 2009, by Eric Bruntlett of the Phillies. 8 shortstops, 5 second basemen and 2 first basemen have pulled this off.
In 1968, Washington Senators’ SS Ron Hansen pulled off an unassisted triple play; it was the first one in the majors since 1927- there wasn’t another one until 1992.
9) I am told there have been 726 triple plays in major league history.
8) This is just random weirdness.
— Orioles lost their last 19 road games; their last road win was May 5, when John Means threw a no-hitter in Seattle. Means is currently on the IL.
— Diamondbacks lost their last 23 road games; their last road win was April 25, when Madison Bumgarner threw a 7-inning no-hitter in Atlanta. Bumgarner is also currently on the IL.
7) Guy on ESPN’s Daily Wager gave out Brewers-Rockies under 9 runs on Thursday’s show; if you’re getting paid to give out picks, preferably winning picks, why give out an under play for a game at Coors Field, especially when Brandon Woodruff is now 0-1, 9.24 in three career starts vs Colorado, and that ERA actually came down during this game, a 7-3 Colorado win???
6) Giants’ IF Wilmer Flores’ walk-up song is the theme from the old TV show Friends; back when Flores was coming up thru the minor leagues, he learned most of his English by watching lots and lots of Friends episodes (Flores is from Venezuela). He’s not the only one either; have heard that story about a few big league ballplayers.
5) Mets have doubleheaders today, Monday and Friday, which is probably why they hesitated to put Jason deGrom on the IL; they could use his help during this difficult time in their schedule.
4) July is going to be a fascinating month in baseball; what teams give up and trade players, and which teams will be adding salary to try and win now?
3) Celtics traded G Kemba Walker to Oklahoma City in an oddly-timed trade; I didn’t even know you could announce trades during the playoffs.
Boston gets Al Horford, Moses Brown and some payroll flexibility; Walker will make $73M over the next two years, Horford $53M. There were also draft picks exchanged.
Oklahoma City now owns 18 first round picks to use in the next seven drafts.
2) Something to watch for in tonight’s Game 7 in the NBA: Milwaukee had 26 fast break points in Game 6, Brooklyn only 4. Can the Nets stop Milwaukee from running?
1) If the playoffs started today (they don’t):
NL— Mets, Cubs, Giants. Wild Card: San Diego @ Dodgers
AL— Rays, White Sox, A’s. Wild Card: Houston @ Boston