13) I’m in favor of the NFL posting a new statistical category, penalty yards earned by QB’s and WR’s on pass interference/illegal contact calls. Its only fair. I wouldn’t combine those yards with yards gained on completed passes, but they should posted there somewhere.
12) Clemson Tigers haven’t lost consecutive football games since November, 2011.
11) NBA’s Raptors will play home games in Tampa this winter, because of travel restrictions the Canadian government has put in place because of the pandemic. Raptors will play home games at Amalie Arena, home of the Stanley Cup champ Tampa Bay Lightning.
10) Western Kentucky will replace Creighton in the Bad Boy Mowers Crossover basketball event in South Dakota next week. Bluejays have had COVID issues in and around the program.
9) Tulane’s 30-24 overtime loss in Tulsa Thursday night might very well go down as the worst gambling beat of the year, in any sport.
So far this season:
— Tulane led Navy 24-0 at halftime, lost 27-24.
— Tulane led Houston 24-7, lost 49-31
— Tulane lost 30-24 in OT, at Tulsa:
Tulane led 14-0 with 10:00 left to play; Tulsa tied the game.
Tulane went ahead 21-14 with 1:38 left; Tulsa tied the game on a 37-yard TD pass on the last play of regulation.
Tulsa then won the game on a 96-yard INT return in overtime, covering the 5-point spread.
Very bad beat if you took the points; a stroke of good luck if you gave them.
8) Saints will start Taysom Hill at QB Sunday against Atlanta; remains to be seen how much New Orleans may or may not also play Jameis Winston, who is a better passer than Hill.
7) Cardinal is a color, a darkish shade of red, so if I owned the Arizona Cardinals, why would my team ever wear black uniforms, the way they did in Seattle Thursday night? No bueno.
6) Speaking of the Cardinals, how did they hoodwink the Houston Texans into giving them DeAndre Hopkins, without giving up a first round draft pick? Seriously? The guy who traded Hopkins to Arizona is the guy you want in your fantasy league, a sucker.
5) Seahawks will find the mini-bye after their Thursday game useful; they’ve used three different centers the last three games. Continuity on the offensive line is kind of important.
4) Over in Korea, Doosan Bears nipped the NC Dinos 7-6, taking a 2-1 lead in the Korean Series, in a game where the two starting pitchers lasted a total of 4.2 innings.
3) MLB posted the four Opening Day games for next April 1st:
Toronto-Bronx, LA-Colorado, Mets-Washington, Houston-Oakland.
2) Thru three weeks of MAC-tion, home sides are 6-10-1 ATS, favorites 9-7-1. MAC teams are playing every Tuesday/Wednesday night this fall.
1) Had CNN on Friday afternoon while I was surfing the Interweb; they went to a commercial and when they came back, the COVID death total was 380 people higher than it was before the commercial- that is alarming. Please wear a mask and be safe for the next few months.