13) Vikings 26, Saints 20 OT— New Orleans gets bounced from playoffs on last play of game for third year in row, second year in row at home.
Minnesota converted 10-18 on third down; Kirk Cousins gets his first career playoff win as the Vikings advance to San Francisco next weekend.
12) Seahawks 17, Eagles 9— Seattle beat Philly twice this season, both by 17-9 scores; Philly scored one TD on 20 drives in the two games.
Carson Wentz got clocked in the head, was KO’d in first half; his durability has to be an issue going forward. Seattle plays the Packers at Lambeau Field Sunday night.
11) Last time the Buffalo Bills won a playoff game was in 1995 over the Dolphins; that was Don Shula’s last game as an NFL coach. Coach Shula turned 90 years old Saturday.
10) Speaking of the Bills, they said on TV Saturday that Buffalo didn’t throw a pass on 3rd-and-1 all season long, not even once.
9) Best ACC regular season records the last seven seasons:
Virginia: 92-19 (.828)
Duke: 80-31 (.721)
North Carolina: 80-31 (.721)
8) Watching college basketball and there are two leagues (Big East, Big 14) where their TV guys are obviously coached up to say how great their league is and how there are no easy games.
In the Big 14, Nebraska/Northwestern stink this year; in the Big East, there are no easy games mostly because there aren’t any great teams in the league. Butler has probably been the best team in the league up to this point; no one is touting them for the Final Four.
7) Sunday’s basketball upsets:
— IUPUI (+11.5) 93, Green Bay 78
— Oregon State (+8.5) 76, Colorado 68
— Holy Cross (+4.5) 63, Navy 61
— Bucknell (+4.5) 78, Lafayette 66
— Fairfield (+4) 46, Canisius 42
6) Duquesne’s basketball gym is being refurbished this season; the Dukes are playing home games at Robert Morris College, 17 miles away in Coraopolis.
5) Nevada Wolf Pack football coach Jay Norvell played college football at Iowa; he was on the 1983 Hawkeyes’ team that had five assistant coaches who later became D-I head coaches; Bill Snyder, Dan McCarney, Barry Alvarez, Kirk Ferentz and Bob Stoops, one of the best coaching staffs in college history.
4) There are currently eight tight ends in the NFL who went to college at either Princeton or Harvard, which is a little odd.
3) Favorites covered three of four MAAC basketball games Sunday, after being 0-7 ATS up to this point in the season. Big Sky conference favorites are 3-10 ATS so far this season.
2) A fan at the Texas-Baylor basketball game Saturday made a 54-foot putt from the backcourt into a hole on a little putting green under one of the baskets, which earned him $5,000. They said it was the first time any fan had holed a putt during the promotion, which they’ve been doing at Baylor home games for 16 years.
1) Early betting lines for next week’s NFL games:
— Vikings @ 49ers (-6.5, 45.5)
— Titans @ Ravens (-9.5, 48)
— Texans @ Chiefs (-9.5, 49)
— Seahawks @ Packers (-3.5, 46)