13) Florida State 24, LSU 23:
— Down 24-10, LSU scored two TD’s in last 4:07, but the PAT with 0:00 left was blocked.
— Florida State converted 11-17 third down plays.
— LSU QB Daniels ran for 114 yards, threw for 209 yards, two TD’s.
— Florida State is 2-0 for the first time since 2016.
12) It is possible that I watch too much television; for the second time in less than a year, I’ve worn out the remote control for my DirecTV- the 5 button and 0 button don’t work anymore. A new remote is expected to arrive Tuesday, just in time for football season.
11) Watching lot of movies/TV shows, I’ve noticed that people in TV/movies very seldom watch TV themselves. No one in the movies ever watches TV while eating Cheetos at 3am; am I the only person who does this?
10) New England Patriots are about to start a season with a 2nd-year QB who is being coached by two assistants who are both two of the worst head coaches in NFL history— Matt Patricia and Joe Judge, neither of whom has a pedigree in offense.
Will Bill Belichick have to coach the offense? Losing Josh McDaniels to the Raiders ain’t going to help Mac Jones’ development any. The QB has a voice in his earpiece before every play; it would be nice if the voice had an expertise in offense.
9) Minnesota Twins are five games out of the last Wild Card slot; they’re 3-12 on the road this season, when the winning run scored from the 7th inning on.
8) In nine of the 16 NFL games in Week 1, both starting QB’s were first round draft picks.
7) They were saying on TV Sunday that Washington Nationals’ P Erick Fedde has trouble keeping his weight up during the season. As a result, he eats fried rice for breakfast every freakin’ day.
I’ve eaten my share of fried rice; there is a takeout place near my home where if I walk in, the lady at the counter yells out, “One quart, chicken fried rice” with a thick Asian accent before I say anything, but I can’t imagine having it every morning,
6) Old Dominion, Southern Mississippi have jumped from Conference USA to the Sun Belt Conference. All these teams bolting conferences screws up my record keeping. Oy.
Sun Belt games should be on TV more; pretty good league.
5) Arizona upset San Diego State Saturday night, but not before they blocked one of their own punts. Wildcats were punting out of their own end zone; as the punter kicked the ball, one of his blockers backed into his path, and the ball hit his left arm. The Aztecs recovered the ball for a touchdown, but Arizona still won 38-20, an impressive win.
4) Utah Utes’ kicker is a 30-year old sophomore from England; Jordan Noyes is a Sociology major who is married with a daughter. Utah also has a punter from Australia.
3) North Texas QB Austin Aune turns 29 years old Tuesday; he was picked in the 2nd round of the amateur baseball draft, then spent six years playing in the minor leagues, before he ever went to college.
Aune threw for 422 yards, three TD’s as the Mean Green split their first two games.
2) ESPN had a knife-throwing league on TV late Saturday night; had no idea something like that existed. Wouldn’t want to be a referee in that league.
1) This was the last Sunday of 2022 with no NFL games; it figures to be a fun season.