13) Ohio St has won at least 18 games in a row vs Indiana, but Hoosiers covered seven of last eight games vs OSU. Buckeyes covered six of last eight visits to Bloomington. Last three years, OSU is 6-8 ATS as a road favorite. Indiana is 3-7 in its last ten games as a home underdog.
12) Maryland ran for 354 yards in its 63-20 win over Syracuse LW. Temple’s only game was an easy win over a -AA team. Over last decade, Terps are 5-4 as a road favorite. Temple covered six of last seven tries as a home dog. Last four years, AAC teams are 10-6 ATS when facing a Big 14 opponent.
11) Pittsburgh split its first two games, both at home; they’re 14-6 ATS in last 20 games as a road dog. Penn State hammered Pitt 51-6/33-14 last two years; under Franklin, Nittany Lions are 18-11-1 as a home favorite. Last six years, Big 14 teams are 19-13-1 in their last 33 games vs ACC teams.
10) Florida Atlantic gave up 93 points, 549 YR in losing first two games to top 25 teams, by 24-34 points. Last 5 years, Owls are 3-8-1 as road favorites. Ball State lost 34-24 to Indiana; Cardinals are 4-9 in last 13 games as a home dog. Last 4+ years, MAC teams are 16-9-1 ATS when playing a C-USA team.
9) Akron lost seven of last eight games with Central Michigan; favorites covered four of last five series games. Zips lost last three visits to CMU, by 21-27-3 points. Zips are 3-1-1 ATS in last five games where spread was 3 or less. Central Michigan is 6-5 ATS in its last 11 games where spread was 3 or less.
8) Alabama won its first two games by combined score of 104-13; last four years, Crimson Tide is 10-4 ATS when laying points on road. South Carolina was outgained 483-270 in its 24-20 loss to UNC; freshman QB Hilinski makes his 2nd college start here. These teams haven’t met since ’10.
7) Colorado State (+13.5) upset Arkansas 34-27 LY, throwing for 389 yards; under Bobo, Rams are 7-4 ATS as road dogs. Arkansas lost 31-17 at Ole Miss LW, giving up 237 YR. Hogs are 7-9 in last 16 games as a HF. Last 4+ years, MAC teams are 8-6 ATS when playing an SEC opponent.
6) North Texas gave up 503 yards in its 49-27 loss at SMU LW; Mean Green is 9-18 in last 27 games as a road dog. California upset Washington 20-19 in Seattle LW; under Wilcox, they’re 1-4-1 as a home favorite. Last seven years, Pac-12 teams are 7-4 ATS when playing a C-USA opponent.
5) Southern Miss (-10.5) was upset 37-31 at home by Troy in last meeting in ’16. USM is 13-9 ATS in its last 22 games as a road dog. Troy beat up on a I-AA team in its only game; they’re 14-7 ATS in last 21 non-conference games. Last 2+ years, Sun Belt teams are 8-3 ATS when facing a C-USA team.
4) Ohio won four of last five games with Marshall; teams last met in ’15. Bobcats lost 20-10 at Pitt LY, outgained 481-212; they’re 8-3 in last 11 games as a road dog. Marshall lost 14-7 LW in Boise; they were outgained 437-172. Herd is 4-9 in last 13 games s a HF. Last 4+ years, MAC teams are 16-9-1 ATS when playing a C-USA team.
3) Duke got smoked 42-3 by Alabama in its opener; they beat a I-AA team LW. Blue Devils are 6-3-1 in last 10 games as a RF. Middle Tennessee was outgained 453-301 in its 40-21 loss at Michigan; Blue Raiders are 5-3 in last eight games as a home dog. Last 4+ years, ACC squads are 12-6 ATS when facing a C-USA team.
2) Clemson won five of last six games with Syracuse, but split last two, which were decided by total of 7 points. Tigers lost 27-24 (-23) in last visit here in ’17. Clemson is 6-3-1 in its last 10 games as a road favorite. Syracuse is 8-5 in its last 13 games as a home dog; they got whacked 63-20 by Maryland LW, giving up 354 YR.
1) Northern Illinois (+11.5) upset Nebraska 21-17 two years ago, despite being outgained, 384-213. Huskies are 12-5 in last 17 games as a road dog. Nebraska covered twice in its last nine games as a home favorite. Last 2+ years, Big 14 teams are 16-10 ATS when playing a MAC team.