13) How is it that Duke hasn’t won an ACC regular season basketball title since 2010, and they tied with Virginia that year? Last time Duke won regular season title by itself was 2006.
12) There are 80 offensive linemen in NFL on IR or PUP; Cardinals/Redskins have seven each, followed by Jacksonville with six. Staying healthy is a big part of winning games.
11) Baltimore Ravens’ safety Eric Weddle made the Pro Bowl, so if Baltimore makes it to the playoffs, Weddle cashes in on a $1M incentive he gets for a Pro Bowl/playoff quinella.
10) DH Nelson Cruz signed a one-year deal with the Minnesota Twins. Cruz has homered 203 times the last five years, more than anyone else in the majors.
9) Duke 56, Temple 27— Owls led this game 20-7 early, 27-21 at the half, then the roof fell in. Duke scored on seven straight possessions, plus added a defensive TD during that run. Been a rough bowl season for the AAC.
From 1940-2011, Duke went to seven bowl games; they’ve been to six bowls the last seven years. It is way easier now to go to a bowl than long time ago, but David Cutcliffe has done a great job with the Blue Devils.
8) Old Dominion’s QB Blake LaRussa threw for 495 yards in an upset of Virginia this season, but is leaving ODU and skipping his senior year of football in order to enroll in seminary school.
7) Nevada sportsbooks won a net $27.1M in November, including $18.4M from football, both NFL and college.
Total of $581.1M was wagered in Nevada sportsbooks in November, compared to $527.9M in November, 2017.
6) From Saturday-Tuesday, CG Technology sportsbooks will be offering -108 on all football wagers. This includes: Cosmopolitan, Venetian, Palazzo, MResort, Palms, Venetian and Hard Rock casinos.
5) Right now, no NBA teams are on pace to win 60+ games this season; last time there was an NBA season with no 60-win teams was 2000-01.
4) Jets TE Eric Tomlinson went on IR because he needed surgery on his foot after he dropped a weight on the foot in the weight room Wednesday afternoon.
3) Alabama’s starting left guard Deonte Brown is suspended for the Oklahoma game this week, and maybe beyond that, if the Crimson Tide advances. Bad news for Alabama’s OL.
2) Wisconsin 35, Miami 3— This score won’t go over well in south Florida. Total yardage was 406-169, Badgers, and it wasn’t that cold in the Bronx.
1) Wouldn’t want to be a policeman in Las Vegas; there are no quiet days here. Lot of places, there are plenty of days where not too much happens, but I’ve heard sirens here all week and at all hours of day/night. Every night here has a little bit of New Year’s Eve in it.