13) After scoring 19 points in his NBA debut Tuesday, 32-year old Andre Ingram played 35:00 for Lakers Wednesday, was +23, best on team.
Funny how guys who have something to prove don’t mind playing back-to-back nights, while lot of guys who already struck it rich think they’re bigger than life and get soft.
Anyway, I hope Ingram gets an invite to the Las Vegas Summer League; he’s earned it. Ingram is also throwing out the first pitch at the Dodger game tonight.
12) Gametime temperature at Wrigley Field Thursday was 74 degrees; by the top of the 5th inning, it had dropped to 57 degrees.
11) The mayor of New York City is a Red Sox fan? How is that freakin’ possible? Shouldn’t that disqualify him?
10) Indiana signed 6-4 Laci Johnson to play on its women’s volleyball team; she is the daughter of Hall of Fame pitcher Randy Johnson.
9) Michigan grad transfer quarterback Wilton Speight will transfer to UCLA, where he will play for Chip Kelly this fall.
8) There were four fans at the Kings-Golden Knights game Wednesday in Las Vegas sitting right by the LA bench; they were all dressed just like Elvis impersonators. Good stuff.
7) Oklahoma State football coach Mike Gundy will pay for the hiring of an additional armed officer at each of the 10 public schools in the Stillwater, OK area- this will cost Gundy $35,000, from now until the end of the school year. Gundy has two school-age children.
6) Gregg Popovich started coaching the San Antonio Spurs in 1996; since then, the Knicks have had 12 head coaches— next fall will be #13.
5) Orlando Magic fired coach Frank Vogel, who was 54-110 in two years as coach, after going 250-181 in six years with the Pacers. It helps to have good players, which Orlando doesn’t.
4) Doug Kern points out that the Cleveland Indians were held to four of fewer hits three games in row April 8-10, but they still won all three games, the first team to do that since the 1986 Texas Rangers. Only other team to do that was the ’63 San Francisco Giants.
3) If you’re into fantasy football, this might help:
Since start of 2013 season, on passes thrown 20+ yards downfield, DeSean Jackson has caught passes for a total of 2,255 yards, most in NFL; next highest is TY Hilton (2,213), AJ Green (2,060) and Antonio Brown (2,040).
2) Over the last 30 years in the NHL, the team that won the Presidents’ Cup (most points during regular season) has gone on to win the Stanley Cup only seven times.
1— By way of contrast, since 1984, only one NBA team seeded lower than #3 has won the NBA title, the 1995 Houston Rockets. LA Kings won the Stanley Cup as the #8 seed in the West a few years ago.