13) Thru seven weeks, NFL teams are 35-59 (59.3%) on 2-point conversions.
12) Kerryon Johnson ran for 158 yards Sunday for the Lions, the best day for a Detroit RB in seven years; Lions drafted Johnson with a pick they got from New England on draft day- the pick was originally the 49ers’ pick, but San Francisco traded that pick to New England in the Jimmy Garoppolo deal.
Funny how the Patriots trading Garoppolo wound up benefitting Detroit.
11) Ravens have allowed only one TD on the opening drive of a half this year, and that came on a 6-yard drive by Denver after a blocked punt. In their last four games, Baltimore has forced three turnovers on their opponents’ first drive of the game.
10) Last year, the Eagles converted 51.4% of 3rd down plays in the red zone, which was the 3rd best %age in the NFL. This year they are at 21.1%, ranking second-last in the NFL.
9) Dallas traded for WR Omari Cooper because their offense needs a jolt; in their seven games this season, Cowboys have gone 3/out on their first drive five times. Maybe Cooper can make their offense more explosive, allow them to get off to better starts.
8) In Buffalo Bills’ last four games: they were outscored 56-7 in first half. Bills had the ball 42 times in those games; they scored two TD’s, turned ball over 12 times.
7) Atlanta Falcons converted 32 of their last 55 third down plays.
6) 54 teams have led a World Series 2-0; 43 of them went on to win that World Series.
5) Best ppp in red zone this season:
Seattle 5.73 (15 drives), Baltimore 5.65 (26 drives), Kansas City 5.61 (33 drives)
4) Best ppp on drives that started 75+ yards from end zone:
Kansas City 3.05, New Orleans 2.86, Atlanta 2.72
3) Thru first nine days of the NBA season, home favorites were 24-20 vs spread, home underdogs 14-5.
Teams playing 2nd consecutive night are 9-5 vs spread; 3-3 when favored, 6-2 as dogs. 10 of those 14 games went over the total.
2) Cleveland Browns have played four OT games already this season; only one of their seven games was decided by more than four points. How many games does Hue Jackson have to win to keep his job?
NFL teams with a +2 or better turnover margin are 36-3-1 this season; Cleveland is 1-1-1, and everyone else is 35-2.
1) Since 2012, Denver Broncos have drafted five quarterbacks; none of those five guys is still on the Broncos.