13) I’m sick and tired of people ripping Jared Goff; seriously, I’m sick of it. Guy played with a broken thumb for a quarter and a half last week, but people still rip the guy. He’s a damn good quarterback.
Last four years, Goff is 44-22 as the Rams’ QB; he helped them win the NFC title couple years ago. Super Bowl didn’t go too well, but Dan Marino lost his only Super Bowl and no one complains about him. Dan Fouts never played in a Super Bowl; he was pretty good.
12) There is a Brooklyn wiseass named Sal Iacono who passes himself off as a sports expert on TV, but he only got on TV because he is Jimmy Kimmel’s cousin. Iacono posts Rams +3 on Twitter Thursday, for this reason:
“I went on Wikipedia to look up this John Wolford to seek out reasons to bet the Rams and it said he’s not Jared Goff, that’s good enough for me.” He goes on to shred Kyler Murray; he doesn’t like Murray’s body language.
Thats what passes for “expert analysis” these days. What a jackass.
11) Bad news for a Dolphins team trying to make the playoffs for first time since 2016, third time since 2002; QB Ryan Fitzpatrick tested positive for COVID, is out for Sunday’s game in Buffalo.
Jake Rudock was signed to back up Tua Tagovailoa this week; Rudock’s NFL experience consists of five passes he threw for Detroit three years ago.
10) Green Bay Packers star LT David Bakhtiari tore his ACL in practice Thursday, is done for the year. Bad news for Green Bay’s offensive line.
9) College football head coaches who didn’t play college football:
— Mike Leach, Mississippi State
— David Cutcliffe, Duke
— Hugh Freeze, Liberty
— Sonny Dykes, SMU
— Manny Diaz, Miami
— Ryan Silverfield, Memphis
— Jedd Fisch, Arizona
8) Louis Hedley is the punter for the Miami Hurricanes; he is a 26-year old Australian who wears number 94, because one of his heroes used to wear #94 for Miami- Dwayne Johnson, better known as pro wrestler/actor The Rock.
Miami QB D’Eriq King tore his ACL in the Hurricanes’ bowl game.
7) I’m glad the Big 14 Network shows a lot of basketball games, but their announcers are really annoying; we know every team in the league is great, every game is competitive, every player is incredibly skilled and a great student. Just announce the games, please????
Big 14 is the best league this year, it was the best last year, but before that, last time it was the best league was 2013. So says kenpom.com, the authority on such things.
Someone should tell these geniuses that the last Big 14 team to win the basketball national title was Michigan State, in 2000. Thats 21 years ago.
6) Bulls 133, Wizards 130: Washington is now 0-5, but Russell Westbrook becomes 2nd player ever (Oscar Robertson is other) to start a season with four triple-doubles in his first four games.
5) It is January 1st, and Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky and Michigan State are a combined 15-15, 1-5 in conference games.
4) There must be a lot of money in selling pillows; lot of late-night commercials for pillows, either the guy who looks like Rollie Fingers, or the pillows that look like pool floats.
3) Nets 145, Hawks 141: If you’re in an NBA fantasy league, you might want to acquire some Nets or Hawks; they both play very fast tempos. Hawks scored 128.8 ppg in their first four games this season. Brooklyn scored 121.6 ppg in their first five games.
2) In November, 56.5% of all the money wagered on sports in Nevada was wager on mobile apps; the number is way higher in New Jersey. Will be interesting to see if New York ever allows mobile sports betting.
1) UCLA 72, Utah 70— Bruins improve to 6-2, 2-0 in conference play.