13) Packers 34, San Francisco 17:
— Rodgers threw for 305 yards, four TD’s.
— Green Bay have converted 48 of last 97 third down plays (49.4%)
— Rodgers has thrown 24 TD’s with only two INT’s this season.
— San Francisco is 8-11 ATS in last 19 games as a home underdog.
— 49ers scored a TD with 0:04 left that put the game over the total.
12) Detroit’s backup QB Chase Daniel could get the start for the Lions Sunday, if Matthew Stafford (COVID issues) can’t go; either way, Daniel has one of the best jobs in America.
He’s been in the NFL for 11 years now, has played in 65 games, started only five. During that time, Daniel has banked $34,309,164, and thrown only 218 passes- that’s $157,381.48 per pass.
11) Boise State is a home underdog tonight against BYU; it is only the second time in the last 11 years that the Broncos are an underdog on their blue home turf.
10) Nevada 34, Utah State 9:
— Nevada QB Strong threw for 411 yards and three TD’s.
— Wolf Pack outgained Utah State, 542-210.
— Aggies lost their first three games, by combined score of 114-29.
9) Colorado State 34, Wyoming 24:
— Colorado State scored a defensive TD 2:57 into the game.
— Since 2016, Rams are 6-3 ATS as a home underdog.
— Wyoming had won its previous four games with Colorado State.
8) Las Vegas Raiders are being fined $500,000, will lose a 2021 6th round pick and Jon Gruden is being fined an additional $150,000 for violating COVID protocols.
7) All the on-air personalities on the FOX college football pregame show are benched this week, because of COVID-related protocol. Terry Bradshaw, Howie Long, Emmanuel Acho will take their place, along with host Charissa Thompson.
6) Monday night’s game against the Giants was the first time in 31 games that Tampa Bay didn’t score a first half touchdown.
5) When college basketball starts later this month, there will be four new teams in D-I:
Bellarmine in Atlantic Sun, Tarleton State/Dixie State in WAC, UC San Diego in Big West
4) Can’t be much fun being a college coach these days, especially where recruiting is concerned; how do you know who to recruit, when lot of kids aren’t even playing?
3) College football games postponed/cancelled this weekend:
Army-Air Force, Navy-Tulsa, Cal-Washington, Louisiana Tech-North Texas
2) Sounds like the NBA season will start December 22; their draft in November 18, training camp is expected to start December 1. Shorter than usual offseason, obviously— word is that it’ll be a 72-game regular season.
1) ESPN cut 500 jobs this week, as cost pressures from the COVID pandemic are accelerating their move into streaming. There were 300 layoffs; 200 other open positions will not be filled.
If they laid off the highly-paid Mike Greenberg and Stephen A Smith, I wouldn’t complain. Two guys with seven-figure salaries; they could’ve saved $11M or $12M very quickly by getting rid of those two.