13) Eagles 22, Giants 21:
— Eagles scored two TD’s in last 4:38 to pull out this win.
— Daniel Jones had an 80-yard run; Giants ran ball for 160 yards.
— Giants lost their last five visits here, by 1-5-3-3-6 points.
— Eagles won last seven series games; five of those wins were by 6 or fewer points.
— Underdogs covered six of seven Eagle games.
— Philly survived 2nd quarter where they had ball in red zone three times, but scored only three points- they missed a 29-yard FG.
12) NFL jerked around their TV schedule for this Sunday; Seattle-Arizona moves to the Sunday night slot, Bucs-Raiders moves to 4:05, probably because Las Vegas put several players on the COVID list this week, including several offensive linemen.
11) Had this been a normal baseball season, Dodgers’ payroll would’ve been $222,115.000; Tampa Bay’s payroll would’ve been $72,489,233.
10) LSU will start true freshman QB TJ Finley this week, in place of injured starter Myles Brennan; this will be Finley’s first college start. Another true freshman QB, Max Johnson, is also expected to play some for the Bayou Bengals.
9) The Holiday Bowl will not be played this season, bowl organizers announced Thursday, citing the coronavirus situation; the Holiday Bowl had been played every year since 1978.
8) Baltimore Ravens traded a 2021 3rd-round pick and a 2022 conditional 5th-round pick to the Minnesota Vikings for Yannick Ngakoue. NFL trade deadline is November 3rd.
7) When Pac-12 starts their football season, teams will need to have 53+ players active and ready to play, with 7+ of those 53 being offensive linemen.
6) In their first four games, Buffalo Bills had 24 plays that gained 20+ yards; in their last two games, they’ve had only three plays of 20+ yards.
5) Jordan Spieth’s father is caddying for him this week at the ZoZo Championship; Spieth’s regular caddy had a death in the family and was unavailable.
4) Indiana Pacers named Nate Bjorkgren their new head coach; he spent the last two years as an assistant coach in Toronto, helping them win the 2019 title. As recently as 2007, Bjorkgren was a high school coach in Arizona.
3) It snowed in Minnesota Tuesday. On October 20. No bueno.
2) Dallas Cowboys have trailed by 17+ points at halftime in three of their four home games.
1) Appalachian State 45, Arkansas State 17:
— App State ran ball for 305 yards, outgained Ark State 521-368.
— App State converted 10-15 third down plays.
— App State had three TD plays of 46+ yards.